Sunday, June 24, 2012

[17].Surah Al-Isra' [The Journey By Night] also called as Surah Bani Israel: Ayat 1


Ayat 1. Glorified (and Exalted) be He (Allah) [above all that (evil) they associate with Him] Who took His slave (Muhammad  [SAWW](PBUH) for a journey by night from Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (at Makkah) to the farthest mosque (in Jerusalem), the neighborhood whereof We have blessed, in order that We might show him (Muhammad [SAWW](PBUH) of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.). Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. 


Hazrat Abdullah bin Masud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I can still recall as if I am seeing the Messenger of Allah  [SAWW](PBUH)  "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my "MIRAJ" Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hatim (Al-Hijr- the roof less part of Kabba) and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it.
[Al-Bukhari Book 05, Chapter 58, Hadith # 226]. 
Lesson : as mentioned above in Surah Al-Isra Ayat 01. for a journey by night from Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (at Makkah) to the farthest mosque (in Jerusalem), Quran and Hadith highlight the journey of "MIRAJ" which reveal conditions of various communities that were shown to the Prophet (PBUH), he had witnessed them in the event of Isra (the Night Journey).

No comments:

Post a Comment