Monday, May 21, 2012

[16].Surah An-Nahl [The Bees] : Ayat 89


Ayat 89. And (remember) the Day when We shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from amongst themselves. And We shall bring you (O Muhammad  [SAWW](PBUH) as a witness against these. And We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) as an exposition of everything, a guidance, a mercy, and glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to Allah as Muslims).
Hazrat Ibn Masud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah [SAWW](PBUH) said to me: "Recite the Qur'an to me". I said, "O Messenger of Allah! Shall I recite the Qur'an to you, when it has been revealed to you?'' He [SAWW](PBUH) replied, "I love to hear it recited by others". So I recited to him a portion from Surat An-Nisa'. When I reached the Ayah: "How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad  [SAWW](PBUH) as a witness against these people?". (4:41) He [SAWW](PBUH) said, "Enough for now". When I looked at him I saw his eyes were shedding tears.
[Al-Bukhari Book 06, Chapter 60, Hadith # 106].
 
Lesson : as mentioned above in Surah An-Nahl Ayat 89. We shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from amongst themselves. And We shall bring you (O Muhammad [SAWW](PBUH) as a witness against these" This Hadith tells us that besides the recitation of the Noble Qur'an, a Muslim should also listen to it from others so that he can contemplate further on it. It also makes one weep when one listens to the Noble Qur'an.

No comments:

Post a Comment